“If we are going to accomplish the global purpose of God, it will not be primarily through giving our money, as important as that is. It will happen primarily through giving ourselves. This is what gospel represents, and it’s what the gospel requires.”- David Platt, Radical: Taking Back Your Faith From the American Dream
This evening as we get ready to board the Ethihad plane to Thailand again this year, I am filled with emotions. Initially, when I decided to make this trip a second time I felt as if I would have the upper hand. I had been to Thailand before on a mission’s trip, so I thought I knew all of what to expect, how we would flow, etc. As pompous as that sounds, I truly thought I would be able to predict how it would all go down.
Well, as always God has a great sense of humor! That’s one of the many reasons why I love serving Him! This Christian life is an adventure! For those who have not turned on CNN lately, Thailand is currently experiencing “Political Unrest” or a Coup d’etat. According to Merriam Webster that means, “a sudden decisive exercise of force in politics; especially: the violent overthrow or altercation of an existing government by a small group. If you want to read more about it, Google it! J So as you can imagine, all last week as we have been preparing my email has been flooded with messages of prayers and concerns. These messages have been coming along with alerts from the State Department. I can assure you a few things:
- We are protected! (Psalm 91:11– For He will give His angels charge concerning you, To guard you in all your ways.) We know that God has called us for such a time as this! We truly trust in Him!
- And on the natural side, we are going with an experienced group of missionaries. Adventures in Missions, is a reputable organization and they already have over 100 missionaries on the ground in Thailand. We are out of harms way as long as we stay away from any protests!
- I cannot think I can ever predict a mission’s trip, even if it’s to a place I’ve been before! LOL Who was I fooling?! I truly believe ministry will look VERY different from the last time I was there, and I have no idea how! I am so excited because I believe God will take us on an adventure and I cannot wait to share it with you!
- My husband is coming with me this time!! I’m so excited that he will be able to experience this country, and see some of the things that I saw. I know that it will be life changing for him just as much as it was for me!
- I will be changed even more! The first trip truly ignited my fire even more to do something about Human Trafficking! What would happen if we ALL did something? Our communities, neighborhoods, states, country, and the nations would experience groundbreaking change! We cannot simply turn a blind eye to this issue. Remember, there are still over 200 girls missing from Nigeria, and we already have seemed to forget about them! We have to start being the change we want to see and see how we can volunteer, go out into the filed or financially support the organizations and missionaries already on the ground! Let’s DO the Work!
Well guys, the Tyler’s are off! I’ll try to post as much as I can whenever wifi is available! Look out for my Instagram for pictures under the hashtag #TylerMissions! Thank you for your donations to make this all possible! Thank you for donating materials, bracelets, etc. that we will use for ministry, and most of all thank you for your prayers!
James 5:16-“… The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.
Jennifer Lucy Tyler